Welcome to the #1 Underground Gospel Hip Hop Online Station Blog Website.
Talk to PO Soul Radio's DJs about general topics.

Andrae Crouch: Gospel Great Readying New Music & Film Documentary

Grammy-winning gospel legend Andrae Crouch is readying a new CD and has a documentary in the works.

During a private luncheon at The Palm restaurant in Nashville, Tennessee, the 68-year-old music great confessed that he had not intended to record any new music until he was inspired producer Luther "Maino" Hanes.

"I was satisfied just writing songs and just putting them in the garage," he laughed. "As long as I got them out, it was fine! But I thank God for Maino."

Crouch, who is approaching 44 years in the entertainment business, pens nearly 10 songs daily, according to his new collaborator.

"He writes 10 songs a day and like eight of them should be classics put in hymnals," Hanes shared. "They're just that good! The others are awesome too! I've just never seen anyone write that way."

Led by a new single titled 'The Promise,' Crouch will release a CD later this year titled 'The Journey' on Vaughn Street Music/Riverphlo Music (Universal). The project is slated to feature collaborations by CeCe Winans and Take 6.

In addition to the new music, Crouch will be featured in a biographical documentary also called 'The Journey.'

"I met the Lord when I was nine-years old and I had this passion for him. When you fall in love with the Lord, things change! I could not tell you what He means to me," Crouch said, reflecting on his journey. "God is so awesome. He has a plan for all of us and there's nothing better than letting God use you. Knowing that he has a plan for us individually, that's an awesome thing."

Crouch remains the Senior Pastor of the Christ Memorial Church of God in Christ in Pacoima, California, a ministry founded by his late parents.

"As a pastor, I make it my duty to lead someone to the Lord every week. God has blessed us to be able to minister to people in 72 countries as well," he expressed.

Share
Crouch is best known for penning church anthems like 'Take Me Back,' 'I'll Be Thinking Of You,' 'Soon And Very Soon,' 'Through It All,' 'My Tribute (To God Be the Glory)' and 'Jesus Is The Answer,' among countless others.

In 1985, he was nominated for an Oscar for penning 'Maybe God's Trying to Tell You Something' for the film 'The Color Purple.'

Additionally, he penned the theme song for the sitcom 'Amen;' was the arranger and choral conductor for the film 'The Lion King;' and contributed vocals to songs by Michael Jackson including 'Man in the Mirror,' 'Will You Be There' and 'Earth Song.'

In 2004, Crouch became the only living Gospel artist - and just the third in history - to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

"I know that God can use anybody, but I'm glad that he chose to use me," Crouch concluded.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Tell Us What You Think.....