Welcome to the #1 Underground Gospel Hip Hop Online Station Blog Website.
Talk to PO Soul Radio's DJs about general topics.

Can You Sue McDonald's For Making You Fat? Yes You Can!


Anyone who's worked in a job that involves food can probably tell you that such occupations are both a gift and a curse. The good is obvious: working at a restaurant usually means either free or discounted meals. I worked at various fast food places from Subway to Burger King before I graduated to The Day Job, and all that free food came in handy. It was basically one less item on which I needed to spend what little money I had. I could also hook up my friends at will. This probably wasn't exactly ethical, but hey, pay a guy $3.35 an hour, and the definition of "ethical" tends to change a bit.

The flip side of working fast food is you likewise develop some terrible eating habits. Most of these jobs are pretty sedentary as well, with little activity involved beyond standing up and washing an occasional pot. Combine lack of movement with foods swimming in fat, and you've got a pretty lethal combo on your hands. I also smelled like fries when I got off, which wasn't too cool either.

Anyways, common sense would dictate that a long-term career as a McManager would come with its own share of obvious occupational hazards. A Brazilian employee of the franchise lawyered up and recently won a judgment against the company for this very reason:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Tell Us What You Think.....